blog banner

05 January 2011

6 years ago today...

this was me...


headed home.

some days i feel so different from that person... it seems impossible to keep up that level of spiritual understanding, to have such a strong and personal relationship with Heavenly Father when you get back to regular life. and that makes sense, because i was always doing His work, my will was so completely and totally aligned with His.

but the thing is i'm still about the Lord's business... e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y. it just looks different. it used to look something like this...

parke phillips' baptism

and now it's more like this...

deli gwen

i can honestly say that the joy i feel when teaching my children eternal, true principles is the greatest feeling! and seeing them live those principles, and show love to one another, and teach one another about Christ... that's what life is about. true, pure happiness.

so i'm grateful to have been called to serve on another mission, the mission of motherhood. a mission that never ends because we're all headed home together.

11 comments:

echo said...

i like this post.

Wilson Family said...

I also like this post. Where did you serve your mission? Your hair was sooo long!

The Mattson's said...

You are such a good Mommy!!

theycallmeair said...

You are a truly amazing mother. Deli and Fluffy couldn't ask for anything better. Though you are not my mother, I look to you as my best friend and mother figure. YOu are always there and you are always willing to listen and give advice. Thank you for letting me live with you. This is truly a blessing to me. I love you Stef. P.S. I love you blog. :]

The Price Family said...

Amen Sister! I also also like this post.

liko said...

lovely and true, friend.

Diana said...

Awww this was so sweet. I didn't know you went on a mission. Awesome.

Kristen said...

I love this post, stef j!

Anonymous said...

i like this.

the best most sacred job in the world.

mikensi said...

aren't missions awesome? isn't motherhood awesome?! :) love all your pics! (new blog: thegooberts.blogspot).

Unknown said...

My precious Steffie! You bring such joy to my heart as you live your life. I am as blessed to have you as a daughter as your daughters are to have you as a mother!