blog banner

15 July 2011

decision decisions...

so, this summer we're painting our house. and these are two of the houses i adore...

i like the light and airy and welcoming feel of this home, but we aren't going to do wood shingles, or even fake wood shingles... we're not redoing the exterior completely just repainting. so i could have the COLOR of old faded wood shingles, but not the texture.

and yes, i would paint the garage and front door... probably something similar to the color they painted theirs.
gosh this house is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. !!!

and the other option...
what i like about this is the bold colors. casey really wants to paint the house darkish for dirtiness purposes. my fear is that the dark color on our smallish house will swallow it up whole... make it shrink right before our very eyes!!
Photobucket
and yes, i would paint the door... bright yellow. and probably the garage door too... (because our front door is actually on the side so you can't actually see it... really. true story.)

so, which exterior colors do you like??
help.

14 comments:

liko said...

i like the first one

Melissa said...

numero uno...you are right that house is GORGEOUS! where is it?

Ashley C said...

I definitely like the first one. I agree that a dark color might "swallow it up whole." :)

theycallmeair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theycallmeair said...

Number one all the way!

Christina said...

For a smaller house in Hawaii I like the first one....

Stephanie said...

Suddenly I feel so unoriginal... or maybe just in good company. Yes, in good company for sure, but I pick the first one all the way!

.Ang. said...

I LOVE the first one!

Jill said...

Oh Stef- that is a tough one. So far the votes look unanimous in favor of the first house...and I have to agree. I think it's the perfect color scheme for a smaller home and the door color is so you! {Based on our blog-friend relationship. ;)}

Can't wait to see the pics!

Lauren said...

I like the first one, but that's probably because I saw in on the Tour of Homes. GORGEOUS HOME! I loved the decorating and everything. How fun! Can't wait to see your home.

rychelle said...

I love both!! The light color seems nore beachy and hawaii...and if you are looking at resale value. but i really like the navy and white...i love the contrast an that it is bold!!! Also, i love white trim!!!!! Good luck...I have to say that evrytinng that I have seen you do is great...you have a great eye!!!

Jenni said...

Hi Stef!

I have a question for you about a picture you took of us...I am trying to enlarge it and put it onto canvas but the resolution is too small...would it help if I had the original?

Can you email me? My email is hannemannfamily@msn.com, I couldn't remember yours!

THANK YOU!

Mary Boyd said...

I like them both, but the best part is how both of the doors just compliment the home so well! I'm in a rental and the door is a standard white. I would paint it brick red in a heartbeat. ;) I can't wait to see the finished result.

Unknown said...

Really your blog is very nice.
I like your blog.
I glad to see your site.
I invite you visit my site.
I wait for you.
World Heritage Site
Programming Language
Daily Shopping
Computer & Electronics
Baby Toys