blog banner

10 January 2012

questions

what do you do when you want to say something to the world and it's too long for facebook but too short for a blog? i'm sure you've been there...

and especially when you haven't blogged in oh, say,
6 months...
and it's not like you wanna say anything of epic proportions. 

so i guess i'll start blogging again, cause i can't just say something and then go silent again. that's just not right.

here's the thing. i turn 30 this year. big deal, right? right. i'm excited about it. i've always liked grown-ups and i'm eager to become one. or, i mean, i am one. but 30 is a whole new level of grown up. 30. i'm turning 30. so i told Casey, "Casey, i turn 30 this year. you should probably start planning now." 

now mind you, i don't actually turn 30 until July. but it's a big deal. it takes preparation. 

my ever patient and loving husband says, "well, what do you want? what do you wanna do?"

"go to London and see Mumford and Sons perform live."

the problem was he thought i was kidding. 
and i thought i was serious.


6 comments:

J and M said...

Sweet! I turn 30 in Dec! I'm excited to at least tell people as-a-matter-of-factly that I, short & lookin' too young for my age, am 30. Happy early birthday :) I hope Casey plans somethin' big!

Stephanie said...

Do it I say. It's one of the best ideas I've heard in a while.

James and Elizabeth said...

Oh I hope you can go. And I'm glad to see you back in the blogging sphere.

echo said...

i wish i was turning thirty with you so i could come too.

theycallmeair said...

you're my favorite. (:

liko said...

haha!! sounds lovely!! and 30 ain't so bad. i'm living through it! haha