blog banner

26 January 2012

why iʻm juicing

hi. iʻm on a juice fast. yes, itʻs a trend. yah, iʻm sure it will die down. no, itʻs not my first juice fast. yes, iʻll probably do it again. no, not all of the juices are tasty. yes, iʻm doing it to lose weight.

so hereʻs the thing... i like me. iʻm beautiful. (in every single way...) i donʻt have body image issues. if iʻm wearing shorts at the beach itʻs because i didnʻt shave, not because iʻm trying to hide my white and thighs. iʻm of the opinion that a body, no matter its appearance, is amazing. i like my body. always have.

that said, my body is almost twice the size it was before kids. yah, seriously. like quarter-pounder to half-pounder, like 6 oz juice box to 12 oz can, like toddler feet to teenage feet. like size 4 to size... wait a second. why donʻt clothing sizes double with body size??

why i want the smaller body back: CLOTHES i like a certain style of clothes, and that style doesnʻt fit a larger physique.YOGA. i like yoga. yoga is not made for people with heft. some of the positions are literally impossible... HUSBAND. he doesnʻt care much. but i want to give him back the wife he married, with the cut abs and such. CHILDREN. reason numero uno. i want them to learn a healthy lifestyle. an active lifestyle. a whole foods lifestyle. i want them to develop healthy habits. and i am their mommy... it starts with me.

oh, and i turn 30 this year, so when i meet Marcus Mumford at a concert in London, and then heʻll be like, "wow, youʻre great at piano, and you know all our songs. wanna join the band?" and iʻll be like, "wow, yah! thatʻd be awesome!! what about Ben?" (the current piano/accordian player...) and heʻll be like, "oh, Ben is gonna play the mandolin and fiddle now." and so Iʻll say, "YES!" and then theyʻll change their names to Mumford and Sons and Daughter. yah, when that happens i wanna be healthy enough to sing and dance around on stage without losing my breath.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Go stef go! You are awesome! Who cares if it's a trend if it's a good one right?

Megan and Keli'i said...

I love this, and I love you. Love the honesty and you're a badass for lasting ten days. I quit after one meal.

Amy said...

Nothing to apologize for. Do what feels right & if it doesn't work, no harm in it; you can just try something else. You tried something, which is more than most people do.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I loved what you said. There's a common misconception that people who go on a diet have low self-esteem and are body-haters. You don't have to hate something to want to change something. You don't have to hate your body to want to change your body. What a bad misconception. I'm glad you love your body and happy for your for finding a diet that's working for you. Good luck.

Prasad Family said...

Good for you! Keep up on to date on how it all goes!

Andrea K. H. Agüin said...

Confession. Right now I have a picture of a beautiful naked french woman on my desktop so that I may remind myself everyday that mermaids are not actually real and if they are then they are probably horrible horrible creatures. I don't want to be one. In other words: My real body is sexier than anything I could dream up. Having said that, I wish I could jump on the juice band wagon and I love what you said about being healthy for our kids. that pretty much sums up how i feel about living healthy. 2 cents in.
-Andrea from thisrednecklife.blogspot.com

rachele and jordan said...

Yea! I'm so excited you're blogging again. Love you friend!!

echo said...

mama mumford

Christina said...

How did it go??